- For a more detailed list of latest minor updates, see Software Change Log
- [2018-06-02] ASMS2018 posters.
- [2017-06-02] ASMS2017 posters.
- [2017-05-xx] New GEM features
- [2016-05-26] ASMS2016
- [2012-07-30/05-19] Major updates to surface enhancement, greatly improving curved surface field accuracy [188.8.131.52/.10]
- [2012-05-14] ASMS2012
- [2012-04-30] Preview of permeability support in Refine (early access)
- [2012-04-30] Added dielectric support to SIMION Refine [184.108.40.206]
- [2012-05-14] SIMION 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168 - improved CAD import accuracy (SL Tools solid strategy)
- [2012-04-30] SIMION 22.214.171.124 service pack update released
- [2011-08-22] SIMION 126.96.36.199 released (first SIMION 8.1 release
- [2011-05-10] ASMS2011
- [2010-06-20] Virtual Device v. 21 hydrodynamic version soon to be available. Now supporting gas flow calculation and collision model suitable for ESI virtual jet simulation, as well as improved 3D geometry editor and data analysis.
- [2010-06-18] ASMS2010
- [2010-01-04] SIMION 8.0.5 update (binary only)
- [2009-09-21] International Conference on Ion Sources being held in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
- [2009-05-29] ASMS2009
- [2009-05-13] New lower CPO prices (33% reduced) for this year
- [2008-05-30] ASMS2008
- [2008-03-01] Poisson solving support in SIMION Refine (field solve) in beta testing
- [2008-01-15] SIMION 8.0.4 sevice pack update available. [changes] - including lens property, octupole, repulsion examples, ...
- [2007-05-26] SIMION 8.0.3 service pack update available - Biot-Savart, fast scalable extensions, ...
- [2007-05-25] 7.0.5 update available (for 7.0 users)
- [2007-02-12] SIMION 8.0.2 service pack update available
- [2006-12-26] SIMION 8.0.1 service pack update available
(from "Check for Updates" on SIMION 8.0 main screen)
- [2006-11-22] SIMION 8.0.0 (first SIMION 8.0 release) is now shipping.
- [2006-11-22] CPO now has dielectrics support.
- [2006-10-18] Virtual Device v.18 available - new collision model and geometry building features
- [2006-05-27] ASMS2006 and SIMION 8 announcement
- [2005-06-03] SIS acquires license to continue SIMION development. SIMION will be at ASMS in San Antonio Texas, June 6-8. (details...)
[2005-04-29] Advanced CPO software now available
supporting space-charge, cathodes, and high accuracy via the Boundary
Element Method (BEM).
[2004-08-03] Virtual Device software
by Koltsov Sergei--Easily
assemble SIMION geometry files and analyze SIMION data.
[2004-07-19] SL Toolkit 1.2.0 released
-- significant update
[2004-04-27] sltools.exe - CAD import and
[2004-04-17] Emacs and VI text editor files
[2004-03-24] Article: "Exporting
Electrostatic and Magnetic Field Data from SIMION (and Importing it
[2004-03-03] A Tour of the SIMION 7.0
[2003-12-22] The SL compiler and toolkit for SIMION
is now available for purchase.