Parallel Plate Analyzer¶
A parallel plate analyzer (PPA) is one of the simplest electrostatic energy analzers , consisting of two parallel electrode plates (with slits for allowing particles to enter and exit).
-  Mikhail Yavor, Optics of Charged Particle Analyzers in Advances in Imaging and Electron Physics, ed. P. Hawkes (Elsevier Inc. Amsterdam 2009) vol. 157, pp. 243 - PPA explained.
- Cylindrical Mirror Analyzer (CMA)
- SIMION Example: spectrum - simulates spectra on a PPA in SIMION
- SIMION Project - 45 degree Tandem Parallel Plate Analyzer. Louise Belshaw, Spiros Divanis, Patrik Gunacker, Peter Herczku. CPOTS 2012. PowerPoint: http://cpots2012.physics.uoc.gr/course_material/projects/Project_presentations/CPOTS2012_project_6_presentation.pptx
- Investigation of the focusing properties of U and S arrangement 45 and 30 dgrs two-stage parallel-plate analyzers with retardation between stages (02h00’) T.J.M. Zouros, C. Tahoulan, L. Ouriachi, L. Alves Pires. SPARC 2016 Workshop. http://sparc2016.if.uj.edu.pl/SPARC2016_timetable.pdf
-  Andy Kale. Thesis, Univerity of York Department of Physics, Sept 2003. Quantitative Microanalysis Using the Hyperbolic Field Analyzer. http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~phys24/Pages/Theses/files/Kale2004.pdf - using SIMION simulators for HFA