The SIMION SL Toolkit (version 220.127.116.11 - 2004-11-09)|
The SL Compiler allows you to write SIMION user programs in a
high-level "SL" language (rather than low-level PRG code). SL
programs are compiled directly into PRG code, which is then executed
as usual by SIMION and can be mixed with existing PRG programs. For
more complicated applications, SL code can also invoke remote C++ code
via the SL Remote interface.
Below is a sample of SL code.
adjustable electrode_voltage = 500
adjustable switch_time = 2.0
if ion_time_of_flight < switch_time
adj_elect01 = electrode_voltage ...
* cos(1 + ion_time_of_flight/10)
adj_elect01 = 0
Note: The "online" version of the SL Compiler is no longer available.
It has been largely superseded by Lua programming in SIMION 8.0.
However, you can still use the "offline" version of the SL Compiler.
SIMION 7.0 users with an SL Toolkit license already have a copy of SL
Compiler. If you do not have the SL Toolkit but wish to compile SL
code, please Contact
to request a copy of the compiler (with full source code) to
run locally on your computer. SIMION 8.0 users may obtain a copy for
free. SIMION 6.0 and 7.0 users without an SL Toolkit license may be
charged a small technical support charge (approx fifty USD, or two
technical support, which is much less than the cost
of a SIMION 8.0 upgrade).
- Write SIMION custom programs in a high-level language
(with a fairly typical, procedural syntax)
- Infix expressions: x+cos(2+x*y)/log(n+1)
- Array syntax: x[y+2] = y[3*n/2]
- Custom subroutines, recursion, multiple return values
- Loops: for, while
- Conditionals and Boolean logic: if, functional-if, (x > 2*y) or not (x = 0) and y > 2+cos(x)
- List assignment: (x, y, z) = rect3d_to_polar3d(a, b, c)
- Utility functions: min, max, ceil, floor
- Import/include mechanism
- PRG code formatted for human-readability
- SL Remote: Call subroutines in a remotely running C++ program from SL.
(support for other languages can be added upon request)
- Regression tested
- Tutorial and Language Reference documents included
- Full compiler source code included (Perl)
The SIMION SL Toolkit and documentation is (c) 2003-2004 Scientific
Instrument Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved.