This page contains less formal links from the SIMION community. See also Articles for more formal articles, papers, and published works.
Individuals/groups that have used SIMION for certain applications.
- [http://www2.aku.edu.tr/~omersise/simulation.html] Omer Sise’s Home Page - various SIMION experiments - electron impact, guns, lenses, and anlyzers
- [http://mr-fusion.hellblazer.com/] Mr. Fusion’s Blog - IcosaChamber
A somewhat arbitrary sampling of links documenting the ways people have used SIMION. Far from complete (see Google for more).
- [http://www.varianinc.com/image/vimage/docs/products/chrom/lcms/shared/advantage_notes/SI-024_Ion_Optics_05_10_20.pdf ] Reduced noise advantages with the Varian 500-MS ion options
- [http://www.raraf.org/lis-simulations.htm] Alan W. Bigelow, Gerhard Randers-Pehrson and David J. Brenner. Laser Ion Source Simulations for the University Microbeam Columbia
- [http://www.uni-ulm.de/aok/uhg/Main/Project/Research/Ion_optics.html] Ion optics. Institute of Surface Chemistry and Catalysis.
- [http://www.colutron.com/products/simion.html] Colutron SIMION 3D Geometry Files - “Colutron Research is making available to our customers, free of charge, SIMION 3D v6.0 geometry files for some of our product line…”
- [http://www-cfadc.phy.ornl.gov/meibel/expt.html] Merged Electron-Ion Beams Energy Loss (MEIBEL) Experiment (1999)
- [http://www.latrobe.edu.au/anzsms/Conferences/ANZSMS16/ANZSMS16Abs/TuO/TuO-03.html] J. Giffard and G. Willett. The Construction of a TOF/External Ion Source FT/ICR Mass Spectrometer with Photoelectron Energy Analysis Capability. School of Chemistry, The University of New South Wales.
- [http://accelconf.web.cern.ch/accelconf/e98/PAPERS/THZ01A.PDF] S. M�ller. Design and First Operation of the Electrostatic Storage Ring, ELISA. ISA, �rhus, Denmark
- [http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/pt/diamond/fredthesis/appendix2.htm] F. Claeyssens. Operation of the Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer. Thesis: Fundamental Studies of Pulsed Laser Ablation. 2001.
- [http://www.chem.ufl.edu/Groups/Yost/Chris_Hilton_extended_abstract_ASMS_2003.html] High resolution modeling of the entrance and exit apertures in a quadrupole ion trap using SIMION 7.0.
- [http://physics.pdx.edu/faculty_files/rem/ElectronOptics/index.htm#Index] Electron Optics - Summer 2001 session, Portland State University. (SIMION homework and examples)
- [http://www.phc.gu.se/iontraj.pdf] J. Pettersson, M. Andersson, P. Andersson, S. Badiei. Ion trajectories in electrostatic fields: Application to mass spectrometry. Dept. Chemistry. Goteborg University. (various examples of MS)
- [http://www.ias.ac.in/currsci/jan25/articles25.htm] S. Renuka Prasad*, Partha Pratim Datta and A. G. Menon. Ion trapping techniques. Department of Instrumentation, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560 012, India.
- [http://pfwww.kek.jp/eico/Res/Shinkuu_46_377.htm] Kouji Isari*1, Hiroaki Yoshida, Tatsuo Gejo, Eiichi Kobayashi, Kazuhiko Mase, Shin-ichi Nagaoka, Kenichiro Tanaka. Construction and Evaluation of Coaxially Symmetric Mirror Electron Energy Analyzer with High Sensitivity, and Its Application to Coincidence Spectroscopy.
- [http://www.phc.gu.se/iontraj.pdf] Jan Pettersson, Mats Andersson, Patrik Andersson, Shahriar Badiei. Ion trajectories in electrostatic fields: Application to mass spectrometry. Department of Chemistry. G�teborg University.
- Space Science - contains list of space science related articles
- [http://www.inl.gov/chemistry/simion.shtml Idaho National Labs] - The original developer of SIMION (David Dahl).
- [http://www.sisweb.com Scientific Instrument Services by Adaptas Solutions, LLC.] - The current developer of SIMION.