- For a more detailed list of latest minor updates, see Software Change Log
- [2020-07-01] New SIMION 2019/2020 release
- [2018-06-01] ASMS2019 posters.
- [2018-06-02] ASMS2018 posters.
- [2017-06-02] ASMS2017 posters.
- [2017-05-xx] New GEM features
- [2016-05-26] ASMS2016
- [2013-05-09] OpenGL 3D views on View screen [8.2EA]
- [2012-07-30/05-19] Major updates to surface enhancement, greatly improving curved surface field accuracy [126.96.36.199/.10]
- [2012-05-14] ASMS2012
- [2012-04-30] Preview of permeability support in Refine (early access)
- [2012-04-30] Added dielectric support to SIMION Refine [188.8.131.52]
- [2012-05-14] SIMION 184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11 - improved CAD import accuracy (SL Tools solid strategy)
- [2012-04-30] SIMION 18.104.22.168 service pack update released
- [2011-08-22] SIMION 22.214.171.124 released (first SIMION 8.1 release
- [2011-05-10] ASMS2011
- [2010-06-20] Virtual Device v. 21 hydrodynamic version, now supporting gas flow calculation ESI supersonic jet simulation, 3D geometry editor, and data analysis.
- [2010-06-18] ASMS2010
- [2009-09-21] International Conference on Ion Sources being held in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
- [2009-05-29] ASMS2009
- [2008-05-30] ASMS2008
- [2008-03-01] Poisson solving support in SIMION Refine (field solve) in beta testing
- [2008-01-15] SIMION 8.0.4 service pack update available. [changes] - including lens property, octupole, repulsion examples, ...
- [2007-05-26] SIMION 8.0.3 service pack update available - Biot-Savart, fast scalable extensions, ...
- [2007-05-25] 7.0.5 update available (for 7.0 users)
(from "Check for Updates" on SIMION 8.0 main screen)
- [2006-11-22] SIMION 8.0.0 (first SIMION 8.0 release) is now shipping.
- [2006-11-22] CPO now has dielectrics support.
- [2006-05-27] ASMS2006 and SIMION 8 announcement
- [2005-06-03] SIS acquires license to continue SIMION development. SIMION will be at ASMS in San Antonio Texas, June 6-8. (details...)
[2005-04-29] Advanced CPO software now available
supporting space-charge, cathodes, and high accuracy via the Boundary
Element Method (BEM).
[2004-07-19] SL Toolkit 1.2.0 released
-- significant update
[2004-04-27] sltools.exe - CAD import and
[2004-04-17] Emacs and VI text editor files
[2004-03-24] Article: "Exporting
Electrostatic and Magnetic Field Data from SIMION (and Importing it
[2004-03-03] A Tour of the SIMION 7.0
[2003-12-22] The SL compiler and toolkit for SIMION
is now available for purchase.